Resort: Occidental Royal Hideaway Playacar
Location: South of Cancun, Mexico near Playa del Carmen.
* AAA five diamond all inclusive resort
* No children under 13 allowed
* 200 suites with 6 junior suites & 2 presidential suites
* Villa accommodations with private concierge service
* Six pools including infinity & relaxation pools
* Full service spa, scuba diving, golf (extra charges)
Occidental Royal Hideaway Playacar Video Tour:
Food & Drink:
* Unlimited meals, snacks, and premium drinks
* 24-hour in-room dining featuring light menu fare
* Dinner dress code: Men are required to wear collared shirts, long pants and closed shoes for dinner. Jeans only permitted at the Grill & Spices.
* Reservations are required. All dining facilities serve a la carte.
* Six a la carte specialty restaurants and a dinner theatre:
Las Ventanas – New look and exquisite menu by world renown Michelin-rated chef from Spain, Sergi Arola. Chef Arola’s creations are sure to exceed the finest of culinary expectations. Featuring a new extensive wine cellar.
Spices – Majestically overlooking the Caribbean, this restaurant combines your favorite island dishes and authentic Mexican cuisine. Fresh fish, seafood and local fare are the specialties from this a la carte menu.
Palazzo – Enjoy fine a la carte Italian dishes and tempting regional delicacies at this specialty restaurant. It boasts an elegant and charming atmosphere.
Azia – Gourmet specialties from the Far East with an emphasis on Japanese cuisine. The menu, designed and prepared by a team of culinary masters will amaze you with authentic Oriental favorites including Thai.
The Grill – Romantic setting for dining “Al Fresco” with a chef’s selection of a la carte grilled cuisine specialties.
Club Royale – Club Royale Theater with dinner show twice weekly. Enjoy an evening of dazzling entertainment in a stylish setting. The 220-seat theater hosts two weekly dinner shows. Sparkling chandeliers, booth-style seating and an array of international dishes complete the delightful evening.
Occidental Royal Hideaway Playacar Review:
A luxurious all inclusive resort for people over the age of 13. It is one of three all inclusive resorts in the world that have been awarded the Five Diamond award from AAA.
As with any award winning resort, your experience will depend on your expectations. A vast majority of guests are very pleased with their stay. However, the Five Diamond award has raised expectations to a point where some people are disappointed.
The beach is really nice with white sand and plenty of chairs. The swimming area is sandy and generally calm. The pools and hot tubs are also nice with great views and drink service.
There is very little nightlife at this resort. If you are looking for music, dancing, shows, etc… in the evening, you should stay at a different resort. The other option is to take a short cab ride to the bars of Playa del Carmen.