Resort: Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Location: Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
* All suites, all inclusive resort
* AAA Five Diamond award winner
* TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice award for Best Luxury Hotel in the World
* 267 luxurious oceanview and partial oceanview suites
* Singles, couples and families with children welcome
* Children 12 and under stay free
* Children’s pool, fitness center, beach/water activities, tennis court, etc…
* Spa (extra charges)
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit Video Tour:
Food & Drink:
* All inclusive meals, drinks & snacks
* A la carte dining in our three gourmet restaurants – Frida, Lucca & Piaf
* Buffet and a la carte dining in oceanfront restaurant – Azul
* Restaurant dress code: resort casual – no flip flops, shorts or T-shirts
* Unlimited premium international & national brand beverages
* Mini bar including snacks
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit Review:
An all suites, all inclusive resort for singles, couples, and families. One of only three all inclusive resorts in the world to achieve the AAA Five Diamond award. As with most highly ranked resorts, your expectation level will partly determine your level of satisfaction. Most guests fall in love with this resort, but others feel it doesn’t live up to the high rankings.
The grounds and physical structure of the resort are beautiful. The rooms are luxurious, but a step down from most 5 star resorts. The staff is very good, but there have been reports of fouled up reservations for both rooms and the restaurants.
The food is good with numerous options. The buffet has diverse choices and a wonderful view. For dinner, there are three a la carte restaurants to choose from. If you want to eat on your balcony or have a late night snack, the 24 hour room service has its own menu with lots of very good options.
The ocean is not the crystal blue you find on the Caribbean side of Mexico. However, the water is warm and perfect for boogie boards and swimming. The beach is sandy and goes on for miles. The resort also has infinity pools and hot tubs along with a children’s pool. The main downside to the beach and pool area is the lack of chairs.
Since this resort has a children’s pool and other services for families, you will find a lot of kids running around.