Resort: Franklyn D. Resort & Spa
Location: Runaway Bay, Jamaica
* All inclusive resort for families
* 78 one, two, or three bedroom family suites
* Children under 6 years stay free
* Children 6-15 years old charged a children’s rate
* Designated vacation nanny included for helping with the kids
* You can request the same vacation nanny for return trips
* 100 foot waterslide, fitness center, 3 swimming pools, kids club, etc…
* Property wide free wifi internet access
* Complimentary airport transfers
Franklyn D. Resort Video Tour:
Food & Drink:
The Veranda – Breakfast &amp;amp;amp; lunch buffets. Dinner is a la carte except during special theme nights such as the Saturday night Jamaican Buffet on the beach.
The Pier Restaurant – Italian restaurant for adults. The restaurant is open for dinner five nights per week 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm.
Kidz Buffet – A restaurant with a healthy buffet and tables designed specifically for children. Open from 5:30 pm – 7 pm daily.
Sea Cotton Tree Grill – Beach grill with snacks and drinks. Open 11am – Midnight daily.
Overproof Restaurant – Jamaican restaurant for adults. Open for dinners.
* All drinks are included. Wine is served with lunch and dinner.
Franklyn D. Resort & Spa Review:
A highly ranked and reviewed all inclusive resort for families. The staff is wonderful in all aspects. When you arrive, you get a dedicated “vacation nanny” who takes care of the kids during the day for your entire stay. All of the rooms are family suites.
The beach area is shallow and calm which is perfect for kids. If you want something less calm, you can take a ride on the 100 foot waterslide. There are lots of activities available for all ages.
The idea behind this resort is to give a good vacation to each member of the family. While the kids have a vacation nanny and lots of things to do, the parents have all inclusive drinks and restaurants that are just for the adults.
If there is a negative for this resort it is that the rooms and facilities are a little dated. You won’t be staying at the Ritz, but then again you aren’t paying to stay at a luxury resort. The rooms are clean and spacious and everything else about this resort leaves most people very satisfied.