Resort: Catalonia Royal Bavaro
Location: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
* All suites, all inclusive resort for adults
* 144 rooms with king size beds and jacuzzis
* A few rooms with two levels and private plunge pool
* Nightly entertainment & beach parties
* Fitness center, tennis, beach volleyball, etc…
* Spa, casino, golf course (extra charges)
Catalonia Royal Bavaro Video Tours:
Food & Drink:
* All meal, snacks, premium drinks included
* Mini-fridge in room with water, soda & beer
* 12 restaurants & six bars
* Access to all restarants and bars at neighboring Catalonia Bavaro
Catalonia Royal Bavaro Review:
An all suite, all inclusive resort for adults. Known for delivering a good value for the price. Many of the rooms have been renovated. Guests have access to the additional bars and restaurants located next door in the family friendly Catalonia Bavaro Resort. This greatly expands your dining and bar options.
There are high end rooms available with two levels, a private terrace with table and chairs and a personal infinity plunge pool. These rooms are very nice and can be seen in the video tour below.
While the buidlings are a little dated, most of the rooms have been renovated. The housekeeping staff does a great job of keeping the place very clean. The entire staff is very friendly and hard working. Take some tip money along. Tips are not required but they are appreciated and well deserved.
The food is good with numerous options. The Dominican Republic is not known for gourmet dining, but the options here are above average. The buffet has numerous choices while the a la carte restaurants offer mexican, asian, steak house, italian, etc… options.
Basically, this resort is a nice four star resort at a three star price. If you expect a five star resort you will be disappointed. If you remind yourself that you paid three star prices, you will be happy to find rooms and services that exceed expectations.