Resort: Catalonia Playa Maroma
Location: Riviera Maya, Mexico – 19 miles south of Cancun
* All inclusive resort for singles, couples & families
* 400 rooms located in 3 story buildings
* Standard rooms and renovated privileged rooms
* Beautiful white sand beach
* Swimming pool, fitness center, tennis court, volleyball, etc…
* 5 Star PADI SCUBA Center on site
* Live music in lobby & entertaining shows in the theater most nights
* Free wifi internet access
* Alegria Spa (extra charges)
Catalonia Playa Maroma Video Tour:
Food & Drink:
* All inclusive meals and premium alcoholic beverages
* 24 hour room service
* Five restaurants including:
El Pajarito – Breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffet
Tio Pedro – Mexican dinner restaurant
La Tortuga – Meat & fish dinner restaurant
Terrace Tapas Bar – Scenic views dinner tapas
Snack Grill – Snacks, small bufffet, sandwiches, drinks, etc…
* Three bars including:
Pool bar – Snacks, juices & drinks
Tequilla bar – Lobby bar
Disco bar – Nightly dance club
Catalonia Playa Maroma Review:
All inclusive resort for singles, couples, and families located on a beautiful white sand beach about 19 miles south of Cancun, Mexico. The Travel Channel ranked the beach as one of the best in the world. You can walk for miles on the beach in either direction.
Overall, this resort delivers good overall value. The cost is lower than many of the nicer resorts, but the beach, service, and food is comparable to what you would get at a higher priced resort.
There is no need to rush to the beach before breakfast to put your towel on a chair. There are no problems finding beach or pool chairs. Compared to other resorts, this removes a stressful factor each day. Considering the awesome beach, it makes sense that the pool is not the greatest feature of this resort. There is no swim-up bar in the pool.
Take some tip money along as the staff works very hard and offers great service. You don’t have to tip, but it is appreciated by the staff.
The resort is fairly close to Playa del Carmen. You can ask at the front desk if the free shuttle is running or take a taxi and spend an evening walking up and down the 5th Avenue pedestrian mall. The street is full of shops, restaurants, bars, and other tourists.