Resort: Catalonia Bavaro Resort
Location: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
* All inclusive resort for singles, couples, and families
* Located on Bavaro beach in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
* 719 spacious rooms with hammocks on private balconies
* Children six and under stay free
* King size beds available
* Two large swimming pools cleaned daily
* Fitness center, tennis courts, beach volleyball, etc…
* Privilege Club section with great views and additional services
* Spa, golf course, casino (extra charges)
Catalonia Bavaro Video Tour:
Food & Drink:
* All meals, snack, premium drinks included
* Mini-fridge in room with water, soda, and beer
* Limited room service menus
* Nine restaurants including two buffets and numerous a la carte restaurants
* Four bars including a pool bar
Catalonia Bavaro Resort Review:
A large all inclusive resort for singles, couples, and families providing good overall value. The buildings and rooms are a little dated, but the beach, staff, food, pools, entertainment, etc… are all above average. If you are looking for a more romantic setting, the all suite Catalonia Royal Bavaro for adults is located next door.
There is a Privilege Club section with the best roomsviews and a few extra services such as late check out and 24 hour room service. Most people say it is worth the extra money – primarily for the room locations.
The beach and pools are the highlight of the resort. The staff does a very good job of keeping the pools and beach areas clean. Further out in the water, there is some seaweed that sometimes encroaches on the shore. If you visit the resort during a busy time, there can be difficulty finding a chair.
The food is above average, but nothing special. There is a large buffet near the lobby with numerous choices. If it is crowded, try the small buffet near the pool. The a la carte restaurants are good with Mexican, steak house, Italian and Asian themes. The Asian restaurant is communal style with six people sitting around a grill with an entertaining chef. The a la carte restaurants are first come first serve. The wait for a table can get a little long during the busy times of the year.
Take some tip money with you. The staff works hard and appreciates tips even though they are not required.